- Applicant must be at least 23 years old.
- An applicant with ANY prior DOT drug and/or alcohol violations will not be considered for qualification. Eastern Express, Inc. has a ZERO TOLERANCE drug/alcohol policy.
- Driver must have 2 years VERIFIABLE tractor/trailer experience, with a MINIMUM of 1 year VERIFIABLE “INTERSTATE” driving experience included.
- Farming and armed forces experience will not be recognized.
- When applicable, a MINIMUM of 6 months VERIFIABLE steel hauling experience is required.
- A valid class A for a minimum of 3 years
- No DUI’s (including implied consent/impaired) in any vehicle in the previous 5 years.
- Any reckless driving violation on MVR must be proven NOT to be reduced DUI’s.
- No preventable accidents in any vehicle in previous 12 months. ALL accidents in previous 3 years must be detailed with police report or verified by previous employer.
- No more than 2 DOT defined “serious traffic violations” in a CMV within the last 3 years.
- No more than 3 moving violation in any vehicle within the previous 3 years.
- No point suspensions or revocation of driving privileges in any vehicle in the previous 5 years (suspensions for failure to appear or pay will be judged on an individual basis).
- Applicants MUST provide a fully completed application with NO GAPS in employment history and all questions answered. OWNERS of the equipment are NOT the previous employers. The DOT authorized motor carriers which qualified the driver and maintains the applicant’s previous compliance and drug/alcohol testing history must be listed with proper phone numbers.
- All DOT requirements MUST be complied with and verified before an applicant can be qualified. This includes the receipt of an acceptable, valid DOT medical certificate and a “negative” result on an Eastern Express pre-employment drug test.